top of page


Updated: Oct 2, 2023

Here are some of our most frequently asked questions

I’m not sure if I need an accountant or a bookkeeper?

No problem, give us a call or email us and we can arrange a time suitable to have a chat

about your needs to see if we can help.

Why do you not publish your fees on the website?

We’ve had extensive experience over the years with clients of different needs and of size.

We prefer to spend time tailoring our package to suit the clients individual requirements so

we don’t over charge you or include services that are unnecessary.

I only need my income tax return completed, is this something you can help with?

Yes of course, we really enjoy having a mix of clients ranging from individuals, property

landlords, self employed individuals, partnerships and limited companies.

Do you only work with clients in Brighton and Hove?

As a business it’s our duty to minimise our carbon footprint, we do so by keeping travel to a

minimum however we use cloud based technology so we can also work with clients outside

of the local area.

Do we need to meet?

Generally we like to meet you to get a true understanding of the services you require so we

can provide you with a tailored quote. Also it’s nice to meet our prospective clients however

we recognise due to busy lives that isn’t always possible so if you’re pushed for time we can

always schedule a zoom call when suits you.

Is it a lot of work to switch accountants?

If we mutually agree it’s in your interests to switch accountants then we can make the

process as easy as possible. Once you provide your previous accountant the authorisation,

we can contact them on your behalf and arrange for the transfer of your files and records.

When do I need to register for VAT?

You need to register for VAT if the value of your taxable supplies in the previous 12 months

is over £85,000 or you expect the value of your taxable supplies in the next 30 day period

alone to go over £85,000.

I’ve heard of Making Tax Digital (MTD) for ITSA, what does it mean for me?

From April 2026, sole trader businesses and landlords with income above £50,000 will need

to keep and maintain digital records. So for example if you earn £40,000 income from your

business and also £10,000 rental income you’ll be above the threshold and will need to

comply with MTD for ITSA. Those with income between £30,000 and £50,000 will join a year later from April 2027.

Here’s a quick guide to how these changes compare to current rules:

Before April 2026:

1 annual submission online by 31st Jan

Fine to keep paper records

After April 2026:

4 quarterly submissions to include business income and expenditure

1 annual End of Period Statement for each source of income eg freelance, property rental

1 annual Final Declaration submission per individual - this is where you will include other

taxable income including investments and savings interest.

Filing via MTD-compliant software and keeping digital records

What is the timeline for preparing my accounts?

Just before your financial year end we will send you a request for data. This includes all the information that we need to complete your accounts.

Once we’ve received the data, we will start the first phase of work, this normally takes a couple of weeks.

After the first phase we will contact you with any questions or queries we have.

When we receive your responses we finalise the accounts, which is normally over 3 weeks.

Then we arrange a time with you to discuss your final accounts and tax returns before

submitting them to HMRC and Companies House.

37 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page