Why Choose Us?
Friendly and approachable
• We view our role more like a member of your team.
• We like to keep in contact during the year so we get to know your business and future plans and can provide financial support along your journey.
• We help you truly understand your finances by using everyday language, providing training and responding to queries promptly.
• Over 19 years of qualified accounting experience across a range of sectors.
• Continuous learning and improving is at our core so you can be assured of receiving excellent client service based on the latest legislation and systems development.
• We’re proactive; we’ll let you know in advance of any information we need and reporting deadlines so you can be confident your accounting obligations are taken care of professionally - so you can focus on doing what you’re great at doing.
"I used Sam as an advisor and then full accountant when I moved from a sole trader to a limited company. She was incredibly professional and knowledgeable but approachable and always willing to listen and provide valuable advice when needed… which for me was frequently. She always managed to put just enough pressure to get what was needed and I never felt like I was asking stupid questions. Her diverse experience aligned with her wonderful manner but clear approach makes her unmatchable."
Olivia Reid – Director Blackbirdbox / Food Director Sessions
We offer a full range of accounting and tax services, including basic self assessment and property rentals, small business accounts and Limited Companies.
Sole Trader or Partnerships
Annual accounts / financial statements
Self Assessment Tax returns
Making Tax Digital
Company secretarial services
Annual financial statements
Budgets and forecasting
including cash flows
Outsourced FD services
Training to improve financial knowledge / financial systems
Annual financial statements
Each client’s circumstances are unique and we believe in tailoring our fees to your requirements so you’re not charged for excess services you don’t need.
We charge fixed fees so you know exactly what you will pay.
We offer monthly payment plans so you can spread the cost over the year.
Please get in touch for a free no obligation quote.
In all our work we apply ACCA’s five fundamental principles of ethics; integrity, objectivity, professional competence and due care, confidentiality and professional behaviour.
The planet is our playground and we have a duty of care to protect it. We reduce our carbon footprint by working with local clients to minimise business travel and using paperless technology whenever possible.
We provide excellent quality of service at a fair price, never charging for services you don’t need.
We’re passionate about helping new businesses succeed.
Sam is the founder of Springtide Business Services. She qualified as a Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) in 2003.
Prior to setting up Springtide Business Services she worked at a local accountancy firm for under 7 years as The Head of Accounts and Tax Planning. During that time she gained significant experience working with clients in the Brighton and Hove area including dentists, software developers, PR & Branding and the retail sector.
Before that she worked for a leading UK airline for 15 years, working on projects covering the development of new routes and purchase of new aircraft and provided budgeting and management accounts for large divisions of the airline.
“In my free time I jump in the sea whenever I can, which includes volunteering with Brighton Surf Lifesaving club. I love being immersed in our local surroundings of the sea and South Downs all year round”.
Here’s some tax tips and useful information...